I’ve attempted to make healthy tortillas from scratch using different recipes, but so far they’ve never worked well enough. Even today I originally made tortillas using a paleo recipe, and even though the dough was delicious, they just didnâ€™t stick together.
So I decided to create my own vegan, gluten free tortilla recipe, and make sure that these won’t have that problem.
I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious this recipe turned out to be, and even my kids told me they liked it. 🙂
My kids love tortillas, so I’m really happy that I was able to create a healthy alternative to store-bought tortilla wraps.
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- Â¼ cup water
- Â½ cup coconut milk
- Â¼ cup tapioca flour
- Â½ cup buckwheat flour
- Â½ cup coconut flour
- 1tbs coconut oil
- pink salt to taste (I used 1/3 tsp)
- Combine water and chia seeds, mix well and let sit for 5 minutes
- Mix all dry ingredients together (including salt)
- Add chia seed-water mixture, coconut oil and coconut milk in
- Roll the dough into circles. (If the dough is cracking, add more coconut oil. If itâ€™s too sticky, add more buckwheat flour.)
- Fry tortillas in a pan on medium heat for a few minutes (until golden brown), flip over once.