This recipe works great as a candy/chocolate bar/cookie substitute for my girls. It’s super easy and fast to prepare, and to make it even more enticing for kids, you can use different kinds of cookie cutters for cutting the dough. I love to know that my kids get heart-healthy fats from the nuts, as well as antioxidants from the raw cocoa powder. Manuka honey on the other hand has an amazing nutritional profile.
You can also substitute the raw honey with organic maple syrap. Please note that raw honey is a completely different product than the store bought honey, which is typically highly processed. It does more harm than good to you, and has no health benefits. In my opinion it really pays off to buy good quality honey. Usually, you get what you pay for. 😉
My daughter, Dianna (4 years), showing proudly her masterpieces. 😀
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup pecan nuts
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup raw cocoa powder
- pinch of salt(Himalayan pink salt or celtic sea salt are great!)
- 1 tsp of raw honey( Manuka honey is the best option)
- 1-2 tbs of Spring water/filtered water
You can use coconut flakes for decorating
Always use organic ingredients if possible!
1. Mix all the ingredients in a food processor. Press or roll out the dough so that it’s about half inch thick. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top(optional).
2. Place in the refrigerator for half an hour. Cut into bars or shapes.