Lately I’ve been struggling to find good songs to workout to, so I decided to put together a little playlist for you (and mostly, for myself) 😉 .
Music is really important to me,(I am a music teacher after all) , so when I’m working out on a crosstrainer, spinning bike or treadmill, the song that I listen to really is a deal breaker whether I can push myself to the max or not.
Powering through the workout can be tough, and the right kind of beat and lyrics can transform a workout from a mundane obligation to an endorphin-inducing blast. 🙂
So I highly recommend you to put together your own playlist before you hit the gym.
So without further ado, these are on my playlist right now:
- Call on me, radio edit, Eric Prydz (warm up)
- Work B**ch, Britney Spears
- Dance Again, Jennifer Lopez
- Let it rain over me, Pitbull ft. Marc Anthony
- Sexy and I know it, LMFAO
- Sweat, Snoop dogg vs. David Guetta.
- Sandstorm, Darude
- Booty, Jennifer Lopez
- The night out, a trak remix Martin Solveig
- Feel so close – Radio edit Calvin Harris
This is my playlist for the gym workout
- Can’t stop the feeling, Justin Timberlake
- Fifth harmony, work from home
- OMI cheerleader
- Justin Bieber, Sorry
- Rihanna, work
- Taylor Swift, Shake it off
- Beyonce, all the single ladies
- Flo rida, Club can’t handle me
- The black eyed peas, I gotta feeling
- Maroon 5, Moves like Jagger
- David Guetta, without you
- The chainsmokers, New York city
- Calvin Harris, This is what you came for
- Beyonce, Run the world(girls)
- Jennifer Lopez, ain’t your mama
- Miley Cyrus, Party in the USA
- Kesha,Tik Tok
- Big Sean, I don’t f*** with you
Of course, a workout music won’t do much without proper headphones and sound quality. Ever since I purchased these headphones, I’ve been so much more motivated to go to the gym. I love that I can leave my phone on the other side of the gym (or keep the phone in my pocket, if I’m running outside), and then listen to my favorite songs without any cords attached to me. So convenient. 🙂
Make sure to use safe water bottles
When it comes to hydration, I make sure to use glass water bottles, since some types of plastic water bottles contain chemicals that may leach into your drinking water. Bisphenol A, or BPA, is one of the most commonly cited culprits. The most toxic plastics are marked with plastic code #7, #3 and #6, while those that may be somewhat safer include #1, #2, #4 and #5.
Another concern is BPS. In response to consumer demand for BPA-free products, many manufacturers have switched to using a different chemical called bisphenol-S (BPS), which appears to be as toxic as BPA.
So glass bottles are definitely a safe pick. I like my bottle to look stylish as well, so I am currently rocking this model. 🙂
Always make sure to drink purified water, or spring water, if possible.
What songs are on your workout playlist? I would like to know in the comments below. 🙂
If you know someone who is struggling to find great songs to work out to, please don’t hesitate to share this post.
Thank you always for reading!