Iâ€™m already starting to feel a little Christmasy. Itâ€™s less than 2 months until Christmas after all 😀
Itâ€™s a great excuse to start adding cinnamon to you diet.
Cinnamon provides high amounts of calcium, fiber and manganese.
Proper levels of manganese have been liked to the prevention of diabetes, arthritis, epilepsy and PMS.
If you use a lot of cinnamon, itâ€™s a good idea to use Ceylon cinnamon because it will lower your risk of liver damage. Ceylon cinnamon doesnâ€™t have a chemical called coumarin, which has been shown to be toxic to liver. Not using a good quality cinnamon can negate any health benefits.
This gingerbread chia pudding is so delicious and healthy. A perfect Christmasy dessert. 🙂
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon+ (pinch of cardamom/ginger/nutmeg)
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- sweetener to taste ( I used 2 tbs pure maple syrup. Banana works great too)
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Put in the fridge to soak overnight. (Try to mix it a few times during the soaking)
- Mix the pudding again, and garnish if desired.( I used raw cocoa nibs and goji berries. )
To garnish: cocoa nibs, goji berries